Tuesday 20 December 2016

What’s in my Bag?

My bag is one important part of my daily life. Therefore it contains a lot of stuff and is always very heavy. Some contents of my bag are permanent, which I don’t remove.  Whereas, other items find room in my bag according to the place I am heading to.  

Right now I opened my bag and the first thing I found is my WALLET. My sleek black wallet bought from Jaffer Jees, about 4 years ago, with my name engraved in it. My wallet contains small amount of cash and my debit and credit cards. I cannot go shopping without my cards because I am not used to carry huge amounts of cash with me. 

The second item I lay my eyes on, in my bag, are my SUNGLASSES. Even though I don’t use them that often, they are still there. I am just not comfortable removing them. I remember carrying them on my trip to Saudia also even though I never used them. Not even once!The third item is a HAND MIRROR. I might have used it just once or twice in the past 2 years but I still keep it in my bag, just in case!
 
The fourth item in my bag is NAPKINS, with the label Arcadian Café. I have a habit of grabbing all the unused napkins on the table and putting them in my bag. Probably it was the last place me and my husband had dinner, that’s why the napkins in my bag. The fifth item in my bag is a small toy/rattle for my little one. I always keep one in my bag, in case I forget to pick one whenever I am going out with him. The toy/rattles keep him distracted atleast for a while. 

The sixth and seventh item in my bag is a PEN and a small NOTEPAD. These both are new contents and have found room in my bag for the past 3-4 months. They are there just in case. The pen showed its usefulness once about a month ago when I was standing in a shop in the nearby market and had purchased some electric equipment and I demanded a payment slip. The shopkeeper could not find a pen and I was already running late. He was about to rush outside to borrow a pen from the next shop when I stopped him and handed over my pen. I was atleast able to save a few minutes this way which seemed a lot as I was running late. 

The eighth item in my bag is some CHANGE in Rs. 20 denominations. I prefer to keep some change in my bag, sometimes I keep Rs. 50 notes or Rs. 10 notes too. The ninth item in my bag is my NEW WALLET, which I bought form Splash, Madina. Technically it’s a passport holder but I intend to use it as a secondary wallet for trips when I only carry my wallet and cellphone in my hand. It is a nice presentable wallet. The tenth item in my bag is MINT STRIPS. I guess I bought this pack about a year ago and it’s lying there in my bag still half unused. I rarely use it but still carry it around. Next I find 2 small packs of sugar in my bag, making it the eleventh item. I don’t know from where it landed in my bag but it is there; probably some coffee takeaway or tea takeaway. Wow I also have a small pack of TULSI SAPARI in my bag, making it the twelfth item in my bag. I have no clue when and why I put it in my bag, I don’t even eat Tulsi.

This sums up my bag contents and it still has room for other stuff which I put in my bag according to the place I am heading too. And yes women carry a mini wardrobe( of a different sort) in their bags.

P.S. Listing down the contents of my bag made me realize I know longer carry a comb in my bag; neither there is any perfume or moisturizer. Also I don’t have my small make up pouch. Wow!! How the changes in your life even effect the contents of your handbag!

No comments:

Post a Comment