Saturday 3 December 2016

10 Benefits of not having a television




Yes living without TV!! It seems impossible, I know. But trust me it’s not the end of the world. I have spent a whole month without it and I never missed watching television even once.
For a start once you know you don’t have a television to kill time you start thinking about other (productive ) ways of spending your time. So below are the 10 benefits which I have summed up of life without television.

10 Benefits of not having a television in my home:

1. I started thinking about creative ways of spending your time
2. I started focusing on writing by maintaining a daily journal
3. I had more time for my books
4. I started going outdoors for small walks with my little one
5. I started enjoying nature more
6. My husband and I had more time for each other and we were able to connect better
7. My husband and I understood the concept of living in comfortable silence with each other
8. There was no fighting over which channel to watch (neither I had to watch the silly nonsense channels they call kids cartoons these day)
9. I had a cleaner house (or a less messier house because with kids houses is never clean)
10. I started meeting with actual people in the neighborhood (instead of watching the fake people on TV)

We are so used to killing time in front of the TV and wasting our time doing nothing other than surfing the channels that for us thinking about productive ways of spending time seems like a burden and many of us just can’t do it!



No comments:

Post a Comment